7 Card Stud Poker Rules
Seven Card Stud is the classic poker variation. Players are all
dealt 7 cards, and there are 5 betting rounds. Any 5 of the 7 cards
can be used to make your poker hand.
- The game starts with all players making an initial small bet
- Everyone is then dealt 2 face-down cards and 1 face-up ('Door'
or 'Third Street') card. The first betting round starts with the
player showing the lowest card value making an bring-in bet. All
other players then fold, raise or call.
- After the 1st round of betting all players are dealt another
face-up ('Fourth Street') card. From now on the highest card value
showing will start the betting round. The 2nd round of betting
follows. If a pair is showing on 'Fourth Street', players have the
option to make a single or double bet.
- After the 2nd round of betting another card ('Fifth Street')
is dealt face-up to the remaining players. The 3rd betting round
- After the 3rd round of betting another card ('Sixth Street')
is dealt face-up to the remaining players. The 4th betting round
- The final card ('River' or 'Seventh Street') is dealt
face-down, followed by the 5th and last betting round.
- After the final round of betting, the best hand wins the pot
or the player who bets without being called at any time during the