Omaha Poker Rules
Omaha Poker is a variation of Texas Holdem but now players get 4
down cards instead of 2. This changes the whole look and feel of the
poker game. The poker hand must consist of 2 of the 4 down cards and
3 of the 5 community cards.
- Before the cards are dealt the 2 players immediately left of
the Dealer Button place a Big Blind and Small Blind in the pot to
start the action.
- All players are dealt 4 pocket (face-down) cards. The player
left of the Big Blind starts the 'Pre Flop' betting round with
folding, calling or raising.
- After the first round of betting 3 community (flop) cards are
dealt face-up on the table. The player closest to the left of the
Dealer button and still in the game starts the 2nd betting round.
A player may now check or bet (see also Texas Holdem rules).
- A 4th community card is placed face-up on the table. This card
is also know as 'The Turn' or 'Fourth Street'. The 3rd betting
- After the last face-up community card ('The River' or 'Fifth
Street' has been dealt the final betting round starts. This is the
- In the 'Showdown' all remaining players turn over their cards
and the best poker hand wins. There is no need to show hands if
one player makes a final bet that all others decline to call. The
remaining player then takes the pot.